ALL THE PROCEEDS FROM MY ETSY SHOP GO TO HELP SUPPORT MY HOMELESS KITTY RESCUE

Sunday, June 8, 2008

A precious kitty is gone

I prayed that god would take Felix soon. One: to end my suffering but mostly to end his. I spent most of the day petting him and he was really hanging on till the last moment. It was hard to watch, but we were there the whole time. It was a really tough day for me. I shed so many tears, I am afraid I may have a headache tomorrow.

Like always, I felt guilty. Guilty that I had to let him go, instead of taking him to a vet and trying to keep him. I do feel somewhat of a comfort that he no longer has to suffer, but it still hurts to think about him. He was such a sweetheart. It does not say anywhere in the bible about kitty heaven, but I still want to beleive that he is there. I will miss him terribly.

4 comments:

~Tonya said...

Felix is no longer suffering and you were there to comfort him Jenny. I am sure that meany a lot to him.

Do not feel guilty. He is in God's hands now.

I am sure it is a very difficult time for you right now...we grow so attached to our fur babies.

So sorry for your loss Jenny.
Hugs,
~Tonya

Pea said...

Know that my prayers are with you Jenny. It is hard to love those we know we will out live. But better to have loved and lossed then to never have loved at all.
Blessings,Pea

Cat Nap Inn Primitives said...

Hi again Jenny,
I know there is a heaven and that God is there with your Felix...otherwise why would he have put these precious animals on earth? They are here for us to love and cherish..and that is what you did...loved and cherished your felix!..It is so hard to say good bye and as I sit here writing this it brings back sad memories of my kittys..I think about them all the time and it will get easier with time...but you still have your moments and thats okay...it means you loved them....I too have an older kitty he is 17 and I know my days are numbered with him..I just pray every day that he is okay..I spend as much time as I can with him and cherish that time...they are such sweet gentle souls that just want to be loved...and to have people like you loving them...That is good...:)just wish there were more of us out there...too many that don't get the love they deserve...love your boo, he will bring great comfort to you...I too had a boo...he was a bearbum to be exact..(had 21 nicknames) when he passed..He was the love of my life...lost him to cancer due to his rabies shot...silly as it sounds the babies we have gotten since then, have bits and pieces of him and that makes me smile...Take care of yourself, I wish I could give you a big hug...If you ever need to talk, I am here.

Jenny said...

Thanks so much ladies for your support. I am so grateful to know so many sweet woman! I am doing much better now and I feel fortunate that I was able to take Felix in and nurture him the last year of his life.

Although I still feed all the neighborhood strays, I am not allowed to take anymore in. And I am okay with that...I still have my Shadow Boo and she brings joy into my life on a daily basis.

I love and cherish your friendship!

Hugs,

Jenny